Welcome to the forums - Please introduce yourself.

Hi, I'm W8KJR

Here is the place for you to introduce yourself to the online community, other hams and the membership of FRC. We would love to hear a bit about yourself!

Moderator: Administrator

Postby W8KJR » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:28 am

I am making a commitment to be more active with this site, as it is a great resource to our club.

So, here goes..

My name is Evan, W8KJR.
I was originally licensed in 2005 at age 14, and upgraded to General class 2 years later. I first joined FRC this year.
I had a blast running nets and meeting new people on VHF/UHF but wasn't very active on HF until after my hiatus from the hobby that started somewhere about the time I began college and simultaneous full time employment; and lasted about 3-4 years.

In 2012 I had a renewed fire for the hobby and finally put together my first HF station at home... which was much easier to do, once I actually owned a home.

I am typically "radioactive" either on HF or VHF 2-3 times per week... I enjoy using our club repeaters, DX'ing and nets on HF, Digital modes like WSPR, PSK31, JT65, APRS, and love the National Parks on The Air event and have completed 1 activation with a goal of at least 2 more.

In June of 2016 I took over as Emergency Coordinator for our beautiful county. I love Findlay OH, amateur radio, and emergency preparedness, so it just makes sense I suppose.

Aside from my ham related activities, I enjoy camping and sight-seeing with my wife and our 4 year old siberian husky, firearms & shooting, and have been a guitarist and songwriter for nearly 10 years.
73!
Evan, W8KJR

// ARES EC, HEARS VP, Preparedness, Digital Modes, NPOTA Activator, Jeep owner //

"I'm going out of frequency... can anyone respond?"
W8KJR

Return to Welcome to the forums - Please introduce yourself.

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts